Home Forums Chat Any guitarists in the building?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of john john 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chipps
    chipps

Guitars

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of chipps chipps.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of chipps chipps.
    Profile photo of chipps
    chipps

A love of bikes and guitars seems to compliment each other. I wonder if the skinnier tyre fraternity prefers a more noble instrument? Acoustics instead perhaps? 🙂

Profile photo of mandopicker101
    mandopicker101
    Participant

I used to play mandolin and its various siblings (mandola and octave mandolin). My crosser does duty as road machine, commuter and (soon) actual cyclo-cross bike. I even played in a Mandolin and Guitar Orchestra.

Nice stable of guitars you’ve got there.

Profile photo of editor
    editor

why four? they all look the same apart from the colours….

Profile photo of justride
    justride
    Participant

Learning to play guitar is part of my winter training! All my shift in work are learning together of the one bloke who can play. It sounds pretty bad at the moment but lots of winter months left to learn

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Banjo is where it’s at 🙂

Profile photo of chipps
    chipps

why four? they all look the same apart from the colours….

You could say that about all the bikes we ride. If you’re not particularly into a pastime, then the subtleties are hard to detect. Why would you need a ‘cross bike AND a touring bike? They’re all the same, aren’t they? 🙂
    Though, with these, you have a fair point – they’re all reasonably similar and will all sound the same. One’s a classic Japanese Tokai Strat from 1981, one’s a more modern Mexican Strat, then there’s a genuine Japanese Fender from the ’90s and finally, a scalloped fingerboard copy bought on a whim. All the same, all different. Just like bikes 🙂

Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

Where are the other 20 (or so)? :o)

I go in fits ‘n stars with mine. Definitely on the neglected side at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.