Home Forums Bike CX World Punctures

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bigshug bigshug 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chipps
    chipps

Never seen so many (expensive) flat tyres. What on earth was everyone puncturing on? A single hidden kerb? Or a field full of chunder?

Profile photo of garyrp
    garyrp
    Participant

Much of the course was on reclaimed industrial land. Therefore I suspect there is lots of sharp rubble and maybe even broken glass under the top surface.

Profile photo of franki
    franki
    Participant

You’d have thought they would have been prepared for that – more pressure or tougher tubs.
    I can’t understand why they held the race at that grotty location when there’s plenty of beautiful countryside in Luxembourg.

Profile photo of chipps
    chipps

Sometimes it’s not entirely about the quality of the course – it’s to do with parking for 10,000 cars, hotels for riders and officials, water for bike washing, access to TV or fast internet for the media centre…

Profile photo of franki
    franki
    Participant

Yeah – I thought it would be more to do with the infrastructure / logistics of holding the event.
    Really great weekend of racing anyway! Would love to have gone. I stayed in Wiltz many years ago. Would be nice to go back to Luxembourg again.

Profile photo of wool
    wool
    Participant

Green is the solution.

Profile photo of bigshug
    bigshug

The venue was great for spectators; always going to be muddy, but course easy to walk around, free transport from Luxembourg city where there was loads of hotels. Great views of the old blast furnaces! Denmark in 2 years time will be the real challenge – Bogense has a population of 3700, and 8 B&B’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.