Home Forums Chat Motivation and Inspiration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  benji 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jeff

Those are two mighty words in the world of cycling, especially when it comes to cyclocross and adventure riding.

What does it take to get you out on the bike for a race and/or a heavy adventure ride? Why do you do it?

Let’s hear what you have to say.

fatboyslow
    Participant

I have no problem getting out on the bike for a race, its the training I struggle with!

justride
    Participant

I will race in pretty much any conditions but train indoors if there is ice on the roads as there is no easily accessible off road riding near me without having to resort to sliding down the road first.
    Adventure riding is something that I am looking to get into this summer. Disappear off into Scotland for a few days just with the bike and some change for a fish supper

gregmay
    Participant

For me, when it wasn’t about racing, it’s about getting away from things and slowing my world down into a bike driven tunnel. I lack motivation, but once out, I very rarely regret it.

benji
    Participant

Racing, is a social activity, it’s always nice to catch up with old pals and make new ones, that’s one of the great things with cross as everyone gets a race, and it’s all very close it’s a great way to meet lots of fellow racers.

Going out for a ride in the main is always a pleasure, it’s just nice to have some quiet me time, time to think, enjoy the scenery, and just enjoy that simple pleasure of riding the bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.