Home Forums Bike Peak District Pioneer Adventure Cross.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cheshirecat cheshirecat 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of franki
    franki
    Participant

I rode the Peak District Pioneer “Massif” (my Garmin made it just over 112 KM) route at the weekend and have to recommend that anyone thinking of trying an Adventure Cross event gives one a go.
    The organisation was outstanding, with hassle-free signing on, more than enough signage and the best food stations I’ve ever seen. (Even had anti-bacterial hand-wash dispensers.)
    As it was my first of these events, I wasn’t sure what level of difficulty to expect. (There’s only so much you can glean from route profiles etc.) I thought it might be a bit on the tame side, with all the dis-used railway lines etc, but there was plenty of off-road with enough technical difficulty for a CX or Gravel Bike & enough big hills so that you knew you’d been in the saddle for a few hours! The scenery was stunning too. Look forward to trying another one at some point! 🙂

Profile photo of cheshirecat
    cheshirecat
    Participant

Give the Lakeland Monster Miles a go, the final event in the series. An excellent route that will test your bike handling skills and fitness; completed it twice and shall be giving it another bash this year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.