Home Forums Chat Where’s issue 5?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sarah sarah 1 year ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of blackchrome
    blackchrome
    Participant

I just subscribed and I am looking for this mystical thing called Issue 5?

Has anyone seen it?

Profile photo of gregmay
    gregmay
    Participant

I have it in my house 🙂

Profile photo of ironbrucove
    ironbrucove
    Participant

But when s the digital version out, seems like ages since the print one has been flashed about of FB?

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Grit.cx Issue 005 is currently out in print and in the process of being published digitally. We are currently awaiting an app update, the new improved app is being submitted to both the Google Play and Apple App stores tomorrow. Once the update has been approved Issue 005 will be live and available for all subscribers. We will be contacting you to let you know when you can access it. I hope that helps, any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact subs@grit.cx.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of sarah sarah.
    Profile photo of ironbrucove
    ironbrucove
    Participant

cheers for the update.

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Just to update you we are waiting for Apple to fix an issue with their App uploading system, which is a bit frustrating as we just want to push it live now.

In the meantime the Android version is going smoothly and should be available in the Google play store shortly.

This is a new app completely built by us here at grit HQ. Last year’s app provider was a disappointment and we weren’t happy at all with the way it worked. Our new app will not only present the digital magazines but also a news feed of stories published on a daily basis.

So, sorry for the delay but it shouldn’t be much longer now.

Profile photo of ceepee
    ceepee
    Participant

New app sounds promising, the existing one on android is flakey at best… I’ve still not managed to get it to work with issue 4 yet!

Will the existing app update to the new one in the normal way in Google play or is it a new app I need to install?

Profile photo of bikeandy61
    bikeandy61
    Participant

Is the print version only available to subscribers? Can’t see it in the shop.

Profile photo of james
    james
    Participant

In store now – http://grit.cx/product/grit-issue-5
    Enjoy!

Profile photo of scartmell
    scartmell
    Participant

I’ve just installed the new app from Play Store on Android with the digital version of issue 5.

Working fine on my phone.

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Very good to hear that 🙂

iOS coming as soon as Apple open the doors and let us submit it.

Profile photo of pgamble
    pgamble
    Participant

Very odd.

The only version I see on play store is the one I have .. V 1.

I’m still waiting to see my rather overdue edition 5 on either iPad or Note4.

Can someone please explain why if the digital version is out, that many of us can’t see it ?

Paul

Profile photo of pgamble
    pgamble
    Participant

Well .. That’s a little daft.

It would appear you submitted as a completely new app with the same name rather than an update to v1. As such, no one with the original will ever get an updated version unless they are told to delete the old version and go to the Play store to install from scratch again.

I look forward to receiving the iPad version when available.

Paul

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Not daft. Just necessary I’m afraid.
    The reason there’s a new app is because the third party app developer company we used did a job we were not happy with. The app did not do what we wanted and we no longer use that company. This means we need to replace the app. Now, while the app they produced for us was technically ours and was published using our developer account each app requires that the developer signs it with their own development signature. This is a code that is unique to the developer. Once signed that app can only be updated by that signatory. In other words Google has set up their play store so that only the developer we no longer use can update the old app. Hence we have been forced to launch an entirely new app and have removed the old app from the play store. It may take a few days for the removal of the old app and the appearance of the new, depending on where you are.

So. not daft. yes?

This is not the case with the iOS version btw. Once Apple have approved the update it will be pushed through as an update alert to your existing app. However, Apple have switched off updates to apps until iOS 9 is launched tonight. Our iOS app has been waiting for submission for around a week now. Apple just haven’t opened the doors for our update yet.

Subscribers to the print version of grit have been receiving their copies for about a week and all new subscribers will be sent issue 5 as their first issue. We’ve not put the rest of the print copies in our shop for general sale because digital subscribers are still waiting for their copies to be distributed. Once all digital subscribers have access to issue 5 we will put the printed version on general sale.

Hope that explains the situation and apologies for the wait.

Profile photo of jamjon
    jamjon
    Participant

Mark, I subscribed to the digital mag last year and it’s due to expire in a couple of weeks, but can’t see a way of upgrading my sub to a digital + print without paying in full. So..

Is there a print copy on the way to all original subscribers?

If not, I can renew my sub and upgrade it in a couple of weeks, but will I get Issue 5, or will the sub jump to the next copy, Issue 6? Not a problem, but it just means buying a single copy of Issue 5.

Basically I’m impatient!

Jon

Profile photo of jobro
    jobro
    Participant

Jon, John here.
    I upgraded my sub to a digital+print today. If you go to the bottom of the subscription page and click on change sub. When you select the upgrade you want it then calculates what sub you have outstanding and calculates the new amount owing(Sarah in subs told me this I’m not claiming any knowledge!)

However….what I want to know is why I cant open issue 5 from the “magazine” tab at the top of the page like all the other issues ( I had digital only sub in the past).
    For me, I don’t want to look at the mag on my phone, I want it on my Macbook.

Profile photo of jamjon
    jamjon
    Participant

Thanks John. It wants to charge me £19.59 to change my sub. It runs out on the 26th. <puzzled>

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Hi Jon. I’ll see what’s going on as soon as I am in the office tomorrow morning.

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Morning Jon, That’s all correct. If you only have a couple days left of your sub, your credit remaining is 41p. Hence you are paying £19.59 for a full year of Print & Digital.
    Any more questions, please drop me an email at subs@grit.cx.

Profile photo of jamjon
    jamjon
    Participant

Thanks Sarah, makes sense that way.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.