Home Forums Chat Where’s issue 5?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sarah sarah 1 year ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Grit issue 5 is now available through our app in the iOS app store now. You will need to update the app in order to get the new issue as explained above.
    It’s taken us a bit by surprise how quickly it’s been approved as the estimated wait time for approval was around a week from submission. So, issue 5 is all there but the previous issues are not.. yet. The plan was to get those transferred from the old app to the new early next week. Now the app is live we are working on issue 4 first and working back to issue 1. That work starts tonight.

We hope you enjoy the new app and the added news feed which is available in the app to all users, subscribers or not

Profile photo of ironbrucove
    ironbrucove
    Participant

Cheers Mark, updated fine in Apple world😃

Profile photo of jamjon
    jamjon
    Participant

When is it going to appear in the ‘Magazines’ section up there ^^? I can’t find the App on my Kindle so tend to read it via that link.

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

We are working on the website version now. The way the articles are presented on the website will look different to how they have been laid out for the first 4 issues due to the fact we are producing all our delivery tech in house now instead of via a third party company.

Cheers
    Mark

Profile photo of pgamble
    pgamble
    Participant

Hi guys

I have edition 5 at last on my Android Note4 and iPAD. The latter is a little frustrating because it only allows portrait viewing. Most people read magazines and papers in landscape. Can anything be done about this ?

Paul

Profile photo of mark
    mark
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    I’m afraid the app is designed for portrait orientation only. This is principally because only a very small minority of users view digital magazines in landscape mode according to both industry reports and our own analytics. In fact the principal device for viewing digital magazines is not even tablets but phones, where the principal orientation is portrait.

Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

Still problems with the iOS app?

Profile photo of rollingstone
    rollingstone
    Participant

So there’s a new App out on Android, and unless I check here on the Web, there was no way of knowing? (subscriber here)

Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

I still can’t download the new iOS app.

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Hi John,
    What error are you getting?
    If you could please email a screen shot I should be able to help. subs@grit.cx. Thanks

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Hi Rolling Stone, I will be sending out an email to all subscribers today. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to email me at subs@grit.cx. Thanks

Profile photo of jake25
    jake25
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    I haven’t received an email from you and I can’t seem to find the new App on the Android store. Any advice on how to locate it?

Profile photo of thomas
    thomas
    Participant

Hi Ben,
    Try this link to find the app on the Android app store.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.singletrackworld.Gritcx

Profile photo of jake25
    jake25
    Participant

Ah, I think I have found the issue. I have a Samsung S3, running Android 4.3, but the App needs version 4.4
    Good job I have upped my subscription to the paper version plus digital, I got the paper magazine a couple of weeks ago now and it is great.
    Thanks for the link though Thomas.

Profile photo of xander1027
    xander1027
    Participant

Just subscribed to the grit.cx to read the review on the Ritchey Swiss Cross Disc. Maybe Im missing something but I can find the review in 005?

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Hi,

Issues 1 through 5 are now up to date, apologies for the delay!

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.