Islabikes to host first One Bike Cross event Quarry Cross
You wait for one event to come along, and two come at once. If you want to get ‘cross before your bonfire, then the Quarry Cross could be for you…
Quarry Cross is to be held on the 5th of November 2017 at Titterstone Clee Quarry near Ludlow in Shropshire. Following the successful launch of the One Bike Cross sub category in the West Midlands Cyclo Cross League, Islabikes are hosting a standalone One Bike Cross event. As this is a One Bike ‘Cross event there will be no pit area, riders must be on one bike (mountain bike or CX) and be entirely self-sufficient.
Think the essence of 3 peaks in a 2km CX course that includes a landscape littered with industrial debris, technical obstacles and epic views. Racing is guaranteed to be intense with a very physical course. There will be U12s racing also and food will be provided by the ever popular Podium Catering.
Race Day Format
- 10.00 – U8’s – 10mins race
- 10.20 – U10’s – 12-15mins race
- 10.45 – U12’s – 15-20mins race
- 11.10 – 11.30 – Official Course Practice (sections of the main course will be accessible during the prior races)
- 11.30 – Youths – 30mins race
- 12.15 – Vet 50+ – 40mins race
- 13.05 -13.35pm – Official Course Practice
- 13.35 – Ladies – 40mins race
- 14.30 – Junior/Senior/Vet40+ – 50mins race
For full details please visit www.quarrycross.co.uk